Scotch Plains Real Estate
Thinking of buying or selling a home or property in Scotch Plains, New Jersey? Let Daunno Realty’s team of Realtors help! Please contact us today. For more information about Scotch Plains, NJ please see the information below.
Scotch Plains is a township in Union County, New Jersey, United States. Bloomberg Businessweek ranked Scotch Plains as the most affordable suburb in New Jersey in its 2009 report.
The following housing developments exist in Scotch Plains
- New development located off Martine Avenue
- Erected in the early 1990s, it used to be a cow farm.
- It has its own tennis courts for residents.
- Located behind Coles School, it was built by the same development company that built Stirling Chase to be a more affordable place to live than Stirling.
- It has its own swimming pool and two tennis courts for residents.
- A small and quiet neighborhood located north of Route 22 completely isolated from the rest of Scotch Plains.
- Complex of townhouses between Scotch Plains and Clark.
- Robinson’s Creek runs through it and has been tested by the United States Environmental Protection Agency and confirmed to be toxic. 
- Built in the 1940s, a development of several unique Cape-Cod style homes on the border of Westfield, many of which have been knocked down with newer and larger homes rebuilt.
- Recently built townhomes ranging from 2,000–2,500 square feet in size, located behind US 22
Scotch Plains Transportation:
- Scotch Plains is bisected by New Jersey Transit‘s Raritan Valley Line, formerly the mainline of the Central Railroad of New Jersey. A passenger station is located inFanwood. Another rail line, the Lehigh Line, carries freight trains through the southernmost tip of the township.
- New Jersey Transit offers service on the 112, 113, 114 and 117 routes to the Port Authority Bus Terminal in Midtown Manhattan, and service to Newark on the 59, 65and 66 (Limited) routes.
- Newark Liberty International Airport is approximately 14 miles (23 km) east of Scotch Plains, most conveniently reached via Route 22, and Linden Airport, a general aviation facility is in nearby Linden, New Jersey. Newark Liberty International Airport is also accessible via New Jersey Transit train by transferring from the Raritan Valley Line to the Northeast Corridor Line at Newark Penn Station
Scotch Plains Public School System link: http://www.spfk12.org/site/default.aspx?PageID=1
Scotch Plains Township link: http://www.scotchplainsnj.gov/
Scotch Plains City Data link http://www.city-data.com/city/Scotch-Plains-New-Jersey.html